Making a living baking whoopie pies?! It sounded crazy at first, but I could not imagine doing anything else. Since I loved baking, and still do today, I decided to give it a try in my small home kitchen. My whoopie pies were legendary within my circle of friends and family. They called them Wicked (a Mainer term for something great)! What better name for them, Wicked Whoopie Pies.
More than 25 years later, we have a dedicated team of bakers that make a variety of flavors in our bakery in Gardiner, Maine. Making about 10,000 whoopie pies a day and shipping them to our retail store in Freeport, many distributors, and customers all over the US.
Wicked proud to be featured on/in or recognized for:
- The Oprah Show (featured as a great gift), Oprah Magazine (The O-List)
- Good Morning America
- Food Network: Unwrapped, Road Tasted, and Roker on the Road
- Rachael Ray (featured snack of the day)
- The Chew
- New York Times
- Home Shopping Network (HSN)
- Redbook Magazine (featured as a Guilty Pleasure)
- Maine's 207 News Magazine Show
- Maine's 2014 Woman Business of the Year Award
- Boston's Phantom Gourmet Show
- Associated Press
- Chocolatier Magazine
- DownEast Magazine
- Maine Magazine
- Food Network Magazine
- 2011 World's Largest Whoopie Pie, weighing in at 1,062 lbs
- Pickler & Ben Show
Thank you to everyone that has supported us all these years! Grab a Wicked Whoopie and keep smiling!
Amy Bouchard, President and Owner